Multiple vid and audio layers

DoodlegameDoodlegame Website User Posts: 18

By default, HitFlim4 express only seems to have the ability to have 2 audio layers and 2 video and photo (pip) layers. Is there any way to have more as I need to for a video I'm editing.

Thanks in advance,

Doodle 

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,275 Ambassador

Right-click in the track stack to add more tracks, or drag media to where a track would be and it should be created. 

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    edited August 2016

Its also worth noting that in most cases, if you need larger numbers of layers you will be better off using a composite shot timeline. Combining loads of layers is  specifically what they are designed for. But as @Triem23 mentions, you can also create as many tracks on the editor as you need to, for either video or audio.

• DoodlegameDoodlegame Website User Posts: 18

How do you do this on a composite shot timeline? I don't have my laptop with me at the minute and I've only used it a few times

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,925 Enthusiast

You drag and place something on a new line. You can also customize your workspace to make it easier to see the timeline properly in both editor and in composite mode because by default (in my opinion) it's not allocating enough space.

This discussion has been closed.