Removing Audio Tracks in Imported Composite Shot

NorsemanNorseman Website User Posts: 6
edited August 2016 in Post-production techniques

I have a composite shot that I use for my lower thirds.

It has some default text which I change after I have imported it into a project.

However when I drop it on the timeline it has an audio track that must be un-linked and deleted. 

Is it possible to remove the audio track from the composite before dropping it on the time line?

Thanks,

Comments

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

No, you have to Right Click>Options>Mute it.

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,301 Ambassador

If you are bringing the Lower Third Composite into the Editor Timeline, then the easiest way to bring it in without the audio is to hold down the ALT key while dragging and dropping it.  This will remove the audio automatically!

edited August 2016

@senseihaynes and when you make that into a composite shot, it will not only still take the audio with it, but the audio will also magically reappear in the Editor timeline too. So you mumble under your breath and Right Click>Options>Mute it. ;)

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited August 2016

@senseihaynes Nice quick, clear, easy to follow tutorial!

But, yeah, Mute is the ticket.

• FilmSenseiFilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador Posts: 2,301 Ambassador

@Palacono @Stargazer54

I am sorry for my misinterpretation of what was stated. When @Norseman said, "I have a composite shot that I use for my lower thirds." I thought that meant that the lower third was actually a composite shot, and when he asked, "Is it possible to remove the audio track from the composite before dropping it on the time line?" I interpreted that as he was putting the lower third composite shot onto the editor timeline and wanted to not put the audio part of the composite shot on the editor timeline (which would be easiest by simple using the alt key while dragging the composite shot onto the timeline). Again, I am sorry for misinterpreting what he was asking.

edited August 2016

@senseihaynes absolutely no need to apologise at all. The question  could have been interpreted as you did and might actually be what he was asking. :) Your video was clear and showed both ways to deal with it anyway and people will have learnt from watching it. I didn't even know about the ALT-drag trick, which would be handy to use when I'm not using a composite, as I usually drag it all in then waste time unlinking and deleting the audio.. :)