Contest-Give A Brother a Watch?

duffmanduffman Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 235 Enthusiast
Converse & Guitar Center here in the US has an original video contest going on: Get Out Of Your Garage.
I need all the watches I can get, at least for the first video I posted.
All five videos I posted, made with HitFilm and Sony Vegas to original songs.
Music and videos all done in my humble home studio.
These vids are not very sophisticated as they were made when I was just getting started working with video.
But any watches/looks you can give will be  greatly appreciated!!!
http://getoutofthegarage.revimage.com/channels/Duff
Thank you,
Duff

Comments

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited August 2013
    The question is.....will it only register once per visit from the same URL?
    Great job, Duff! Love the music. Who are your influences?
  • guitar74guitar74 Website User Posts: 506
    The only thing I would suggest is to turn up the vocals a bit, since they seem like they are in the background, good job.
  • duffmanduffman Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 235 Enthusiast
    A big THANK YOU to all who took their time to give me a bump.
    by Design is one of my first videos, ever. Looking at it now I can see how far I have come
    in the past 18 months. I have learned so much by hang out here. So many talented people here,  
    all so willing to share!
    StormyKnight......been playing so long I have been influenced by just about everybody.

Thanks again!!!!
    Duff
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    The vocal effect- is that a small room reverb? Or chorus? Or both?
    A little less effect would bring out the vocals/lyrics better. I think the volume of the vocal in the mix is just about right.
    It's always a compromise with effects. The singer knows the words to the song but even if they enunciate to the point of exageration, the lyrics can get lost to the effects....as I've learned with my own music producing.
    The opposite of that would be Iron Butterfly's "In a gadda da vida" which, if sung clearly, you would have heard the correct words, In the garden of Eden. That was just a case of a musician singing poorly, probably due to being under the inflluence of something. lol It was the 60s. Sorry- just rambling on a bit.