Short Action Comedy - Production Value

mdubsmdubs Website User Posts: 1

Made this with a Canon C100, Ronin-M, and 30mm Sigma lens. Probably would have been less shaky if I used a 20mm lens and no HDMI cable sticking out of the camera. Feedback would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• KadriKadri Website User Posts: 171
    edited August 2016

I like it. The acting is better then i expected. I don't know them but they have potential really.

I can see why you ended it in that way. But you could have cut it direct after the ufo too. Subjective.

Nice work :)

• TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out

That's hilarious! 

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

This is very good, made me laugh, that said you might need to be inside the whole production business to get the joke. When all said and done, it is a solid video, great acting (hope that pizza was loaded!!) and a great script. It certainly made me click on the channel to find out what else you guys have done.

Thanks for sharing  @mdubs

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,220 Ambassador

It could have been worse. The producer could have insisted on a jib shot--or worse, a drone.

Great job!

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,053 Staff
    edited August 2016

@mdubs - you know what, that's one of my favourite things I've seen in a while :) The jokes were on point, the acting was good, the terrible special effect was suitably terrible and I REALLY liked it. 
    I was constantly flinching for your cameraman with the steady cam though - I kept picturing them falling off the concrete either side. 

Struck me as a spoof version of the roof scene from this Film Riot short (except they shot it with a Phantom drone): 

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,821 Ambassador

Love it... freakin' hilarious!!! ;)

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,914 Enthusiast

Hahahahahahahahahaha, this is great!

• CowboyBobCowboyBob Website User Posts: 105

Great! Surprisingly well acted.

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,821 Ambassador
  • Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,863 Ambassador

Watched it again after seeing it bump on the forum list and still pretty funny, mind you now what bugs me is the lighting change from clearly day light to a night shot. Guess they ran out of daylight.