Parenting

TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out

Can parenting a layer to another transfer anything else (data/parameters/effects/ect..) other than just location/transform?

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

Parenting only apples Transform data. What other thing are you wanting to apply? Depending on the thing, we can suggest various ways to approach the task.

• TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out
    edited June 2016

I was just asking in general as I could see some benefits to having it able other information as well.

I am aware of the copy and paste method of effects/parameters/keyframes (which I use a lot). Also the method of making a composite and several copies of it so all have the same parameters, then you can just change the contents inside of the composites as needed. This way all will recieve the same "treatment" for a lack of better words.

It wasn't so much for a specific project, while I'm at work I get ideas for effects and ponder the process to apply it or how certain effects would work together... I guess parenting just seemed to be the topic of the day haha. Thanks @AxelWilkinson