Can I change the properties of a duplicated layer?

joagostinijoagostini Website User Posts: 14

For example, if I have a plane layer, black in color and of a particular format, I can duplicate it and change the color? If yes, how to do it, because I'm trying to change the color of a plane layer black to red and when I do that both the two layers, the original and the duplicate, change color? Any suggestions? I'm using the HF 4 Express. Thank you.

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

If you duplicate the plane in the Media panel, then you can change the color of one without affecting the other. If you duplicate it on the timeline, then you will want to use an effect such as Hue Shift to change the color.

Changing the color of a plane, in its properties, is akin to changing the frame rate or aspect ratio of a video clip. If you change the source file in the media panel, then all instances of that file will be affected.

• joagostinijoagostini Website User Posts: 14
    Axel thank you very much. In fact I was doubling the plan in the timeline and not in the Media Panel. Now I could do as I wish. However, even doubling in the Media Panel the shape change is made is not repeated in duplicate plan, it duplicates the original format. Anyway, it helps change can change the basic features of the plan.

P.s. will never do tutorials (if you're making and I'm losing, I will punish me for it). They were very good.