Is there a way to acquire download of Express without Facebook?

rampart
rampart Posts: 5
edited June 2016 in General

I don't social media, therefore I have no social media logins or accounts.

Is there a way to download the Express without it?

Comments

• TriFlixFilms
    TriFlixFilms Posts: 924 Just Starting Out*
    edited June 2016

Not that I know of, but you could always make a Facebook...

Name: Imadethis Forfreestuff Jr.

And just use it for free stuff and never use the account :) haha it take like 2 minutes, unless you're like... in a country that blocks social media.

(Don't blame you for not having Social Media, its usually more of a curse than a blessing)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,995 Just Starting Out

Click on one and close the pop up. I think that should work.

• rampart
    rampart Posts: 5
    edited June 2016

Kevin... Sorry I don't understand - Click on one and close popup?

• tack
    tack Posts: 22
    edited June 2016

@rampart when you go to download HF4 Express it will show a list of social networks.  Click on say Twitter.  It will open a popup window.  Then close that, and create your account with HitFilm to get the download links.

Yeah, agreed, it's kinda lame.  I don't social media either.

• DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Posts: 1,018 Just Starting Out

We do appreciate that not everyone has social media (and some may prefer to use the software before "sharing" it). That's one of the reasons why the workaround @tack and @KevinTheFilmmaker mention exists.

On the other hand though, bear in mind that Express is free, so passing it on to your friends and family is one of the ways you can help us in return. The more HitFilm users there are, the better we can do!

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Posts: 3,149 Ambassador

Yep it's not hard to set up a fake account and download the software, after all your free software is linked to your email account not twitter or facebook so you can just register and forget about it.

• [Deleted User]

But then you'd be sharing it with nobody.

• No, but it is easy to set up something to resolve your problem. You could create a google account, that way you can subscribe to your favourite youtubers (Hitfilm), you get a gmail email (that rhymes) and you get a google plus account so then you can share on there!

• Andy001z

But if you are not a social media person, your social steam and friends will be so small it won't make much difference. I think Hitfilm are hoping that the user of the free version with either mature to need the full version or be impressed enough to share thier thoughts however they can. Take for example the person that enters a film competion the outflow publicity that might occur from an interview reveal that it was done in Hitfilm Express. Maybe.

• DanielGWood
    DanielGWood Posts: 1,018 Just Starting Out

Though as Kevin and tack pointed out earlier, you don't need to setup an account on any of the social sites - you can just click one of the share buttons (doesn't matter which), and close the window that appears.

Of course if you then decided to share it at some point in the future by whatever means, that'd be grand!

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2016

I completely understand the need to share the software, but the biggest softwares in the world got spread by word of mouth, not the companies "forcing" (I know that you don't have to use a social link) the consumers to agree before downloading. 

Hell, Minecraft the game was spread because he allowed it to be played illegally, "I allow people to download and play illegally, maybe they'll buy it later", his own words, so word of mouth = growth.

Majority of consumers are tired of being forced to do things, just look at modern games and the war between the developers/publishers and it's players...

To me, it's clear that HitFilm would do much better without having to share before downloading, based on my own experience over the years.

• Andy001z

Maybe an option after the download is complete or even better one of those annoying little popups that occur 1week or so later that says RATE our software. (Sarcasim mode on).