MOCHA 5!!!

TriFlixFilms
TriFlixFilms Posts: 924 Just Starting Out*
edited June 2016 in Practical Filmmaking

Mocha 5 just got announced!

Will HFP4 users be recieving this upgrade?

mocha Pro 5 is a major release with new features:

• Plug-in Option: Currently available for Adobe & Avid. *OFX support coming soon.
  • GPU Acceleration: New OpenCL planar tracking engine for speed boosts.
  • Improved License System: Activate/deactivate for flexibility.
  • New Python Module: Integrate with asset management & BG rendering.
  • New Exports: Silhouette FX, Blackmagic Fusion, HitFilm, MochaBlend C4D.
  • Improvements & bug fixes: new layouts, faster project saving and more.

If so will the upgrade happen automatically, is a download required? Whats the word, bird?

Someone tag Simon or Kirstie haha

Comments

• Palacono
    Palacono Posts: 3,423 Enthusiast
    edited June 2016

Yeah, I saw that yesterday, but the extra new feature for Hitfilm of exporting the tracking data (a bit like an improved version of the point tracker in Hitfilm) is already there in Mocha 4 for Hitfilm 4 Pro, so....maybe its just better elsewhere too? Faster would be nice. :)

• TriFlixFilms

I saw the word faster and Open CL and started drooling :)@Palacono

• Palacono

Ah, well faster is always good. :D

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,069 Ambassador

Chances are no upgrade for Hitfilm 4 Pro. If anything, the new version 5 engine would be part of Hitfilm 5 Pro. 

Remember, Mocha Hitfilm is a limited program, not Mocha Pro. It's "Mocha Express." Camera Solve, Roto Splines and Corner Point data only. I would bet a Mocha Hitfilm 5 would gain the benefits of the OpenCL, but no new functionality. 

What Mocha Hitfilm owners get is a discounted upgrade path to Pro. I think 50% off. 

• TriFlixFilms

@Triem23 ahhh, no problem. Still pretty cool though, I love advancements in technology.

• Palacono
    edited June 2016

You can see the 'New for Hitfilm feature' is used by Simon in this video at the 2min 40 seconds mark.

I'm jealous, I don't have that in the version that comes with Hitfilm 3 Pro, nor the corner pin export that HF4P gets; just the Shape Data. :(

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,069 Ambassador

@Trix, I can be wrong, but going from our current mocha 4 code to 5 is a "full version" upgrade, and those are usually paid upgrades. If Imagineer proves me wrong you can give me a "I told you so!" as we download our newest toy! 

Debating if I want to upgrade my Mocha 3 Pro? There wasn't anything in 4 I needed, but speed increases are always nice.