Advanced wire removal in hitfilm

Nate066Nate066 Website User Posts: 191
Is there away to do wire removal in hitfilm. Basic techniques won't work because there is movment in the background as well as camera movment. Can wire removal be done in hitfilm. I've tried clone stamp and photoshop but for a cloning technique to work it would have to sample the background every frame.

Comments

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,822 Ambassador
    You can, you just need to create a clean plate of the background without your actor or wires.
  • Nate066Nate066 Website User Posts: 191
    You can, you just need to create a clean plate of the background without your actor or wires.

i dont think that will work as theres no way to tell the plants and cars to do the exact same thing as they were doing when the first shot was taken. and theres also no way to get the same camera movement either

• MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    Axel said that you could use the clone brush tool as an object removal.
    Axel said that you could use the clone brush tool as an object removal.

yes but the all parts of the background are moving. im in front of a road theres nothing still to clone from. there cars and wind blowing the trees and as im aware the clone stamp tool only samples the background once but ill try it and see if it works

• B3NB4ILB3NB4IL Website User Posts: 74
    Something to keep in mind next time you ever film a wire scene would be composition of your framing, making sure that these imperfections you've got currently are out of the way of the wires.
    I've not used the wire removal function with HitFilm's Mocha yet, but I can think of two possible ways to get rid of them, as already suggested above, cloning or masking the wire out, I mean, wires can be quite small so perhaps it wouldn't make too much of an impact on the final scene with some feathering too perhaps? (Like I said, I haven't had experience in wire removal with HitFilm yet)
    Another option would be to go and re-shoot the environment again for a background plate, then create a matte mask (frame-by-frame mask) and composite the subject over the background plate.
    There could be other easier ways perhaps, and I hope you get it sorted!
  • spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,822 Ambassador
    You can always matchmove the shot if possible, then create a clean plate. Think you could upload the clip so we can take a look at it? 
    luckily we found a solution, it was actually more of a change of plans. we only had the opening shot for the short film. So instead of doing a live action film we decided to do an animated short story instead. Thanks for the help every one.