Time Travel Fx

solosamurai_whatchefsolosamurai_whatchef Website User Posts: 175 Enthusiast
edited June 2016 in Practical Filmmaking

I have since created a 2nd channel to focus on shorts, sketches and recently decided to add more VFX work/gags.

Now working my next episode and need to do a time travel fx

Comments

• solosamurai_whatchefsolosamurai_whatchef Website User Posts: 175 Enthusiast
    edited June 2016

Currently working on the time travel episode. Attempting something similar to the quantum leap fx, hopefully.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,303 Ambassador

Quantum Leap effect. Sam's leaps, Al's door or both? Been thinking about this effect myself for a bit. I have some thoughts. It's just more than I want to type on my phone at 4am, debating if I actually want the rest of the "Game of Thrones: Three Eyed Raven" ale my lovely Laura got for me. 

@triem23 I just did my footage and might switch to a back to the future style time leap, but for a person, so person explodes?? Im thinking... will let you know how it turns out.

edited June 2016

so I ended up doing a back to the future style fx.. Basically a I composited an explosion and reversed the effect, added some lightning, flares, a little smoke and used a fan to add some real world movement and I accomplished my goal. Might document the process in another post with bts videos.