JET PACK MOVIE

Hey folks -
Here is my latest short film.I made it with my 5 year old Son. As usual, I need to mention how helpful the tutorials have been in allowing me to accomplish the editing and VFX necessary to complete my vision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFzsfyhWog&feature=share&list=UUokozroTiSVJdGUfyFnS4vA
And here is a short "Behind the scenes" look at how we made the film, including a breakdown of some of the visual effects.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUJRCulMyEA&feature=share&list=UUokozroTiSVJdGUfyFnS4vA
Enjoy!

Comments

• Sci Fi Ecstasy ChannelSci Fi Ecstasy Channel Website User Posts: 48
    Hi folks, I was hoping for some feedback to help me in improving my skills with HF... No one is interested in a JET PACK?? LOL!!
    Bump.
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited August 2013
    I would comment on technical issues but I'm not well versed enough to give you any pointers. But I did like the video. It had to be a challenge to put together.
    I only have one critique that was a little obvious to me. The hands. Keep them away from the flames!  
    It may have only looked like he was going to burn the one hand after he waved to the pilot. Still, it freaked me out.
  • Sci Fi Ecstasy ChannelSci Fi Ecstasy Channel Website User Posts: 48
    I would comment on technical issues but I'm not well versed enough to give you any pointers. But I did like the video. It had to be a challenge to put together.
    I only have one critique that was a little obvious to me. The hands. Keep them away from the flames!  
    It may have only looked like he was going to burn the one hand after he waved to the pilot. Still, it freaked me out.

LOL!! I'm glad you liked it. We initially tried having him hold his hands out in front of him like superman, but he just didn't have the strength to keep it up. Having him hold his hands behind him was a compromise. I was also trying to keep him from having them touching, or in front of, the green screen material draped over the stools, because it is a darker shade of green due to his shadow and the lighting, and a lot MORE rotoscoping would have been required.
    He's only 5 years old (Actually will turn 5 at the end of this month) so, all things concidered, he did a great job. I also think "Dude, your going to burn your fingers off" when I watch it, but I have just decided there is force field around the exaust nozzle to prevent his hands a legs from getting burned. A Senible precaution when sending a 5 year old kid on a supersonic jet pack flight....