The Splinter Cell: Part 2 - Live-Action Film Project

AndrewAndrew Website User Posts: 379 Enthusiast
edited May 2016 in Practical Filmmaking

Hey guys,

I wanted to share material from my group's live-action fanfilm, 'The Splinter Cell: Part 2'. The short film is slated to be roughly 25-30 minutes long and is a sequel to our 9-minute 2014 fanfilm, 'The Splinter Cell'. We're currently preparing to release the film this summer. Here's official poster and synopsis, for anyone interested.

SYNOPSIS
When he's tasked with infiltrating a terrorist faction in Beirut, Lebanon, Sam Fisher encounters unexpected consequences that make him question his own life choices; testing his endurance and further forging his friendship with his field runner, Irving Lambert.

This project is a long-endured labor of love that we've been working at off-and-on for the better part of a year, and I'm excited to share it with everyone.

The Atomic Team on-location

Some images for it are below, as well as the original 2014 short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojewq_swTQ

Would love to know your thoughts. Thanks!

Comments

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,923 Enthusiast

This is going to be awesome!

Are we going to see some sweet VFX from @SimonKJones which he hasn't mentioned yet? ;)

• FlyingBanana78FlyingBanana78 Website User Posts: 419 Enthusiast

Andrew

More please! hehehe Awesome work. Makes me want to toss the game in and start playing again.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

Considering the consistent quality of Atomic's work, and how good the previous Splinter Cell short was, I look forward to it. 

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,864 Ambassador

Yep +1 to all above, that Spinter Cell work was A1, very professional, acting was good to.

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited May 2016

@Andrew - Wow- that's truly an international and rock solid production. Loved it! I don't believe I've seen anything of yours that I didn't like so my opinion might be a little biased. Funny out take at the end too! I look forward to your new release!!!

• AndrewAndrew Website User Posts: 379 Enthusiast

Thanks you guys! Glad to see there's at least *some* interest in it all haha. For anyone curious, we'll be releasing the trailer for the project next week on Wednesday, June 1st. Here's the promo gif image that corresponds with that announcement via The Splinter Cell's social media page:

edited June 2016

For anyone interest, here's the official trailer for the project!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ezZdxCoSDY

• KirstieTKirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User Posts: 1,056 Staff

@Andrew - SO excited to see Part 2 coming out! The poster is kickass and I already love the feeling around the project (the music for the trailer is spot on)

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,864 Ambassador

@Andrew Great trailer, first thing that smacks me in the face is just how good it sounds, audio is so important and you nailed it in my unprofessional opinion (sorry means to little, crawls back under his VFX box).

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

Excellent work, as always. Looking forward to the film! 

• TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out
    edited June 2016

Looked awesome! Look forward to it. Reminded me of Corridor Digital's "Sync" project or Film Riots colab "Intercept" project... from a style/pacing sense.

Thanks you guys! Glad people are enjoying it- once again, we were super happy to get this out there and are excited about the final thing!

@TriFlixFilms I wasn't the biggest fan of the style of 'Sync' (though, to my understanding from some conversations neither was Corridor Digital nor producers Bammo/BigFrame haha)- as I found it all to have a very stock, generic-lighting-and-angle YouTube-y look to it. So maybe our impressions, positively and negatively, don't align on that one.  ;) But I appreciate the sentiment all-the-same!

• TriFlixFilmsTriFlixFilms Website User Posts: 925 Just Starting Out
    edited June 2016

They have a couple million subs, you have a couple thousand. I think your trailer is on par with Film Riot and Corridor Digital. That's all I was trying to say, it's a compliment haha.

edited June 2016

Eh, the world's not all YouTube subs and views. Though if it was, I should probably mention I've got a couple million of the latter myself, for what it's worth. ;)

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

Can't wait to see the final production! Is Atomic involved with any major studios and if no- why not? I only ask because I've noticed a lot of independent companies in major film's credits and it seems to increase in number the closer you get to the present. It looks like some studios specialize in some FX while others excel at other FX. Just wondering if your goal is to get in on the action. I would say Atomic's work should certainly get some attention.

edited June 2016

That's kind of you to say, @StormyKnight. We have been fortunate to have a few meetings with production houses and some studios in LA- and been through talks here or there over the years in development on a few projects and ideas- but nothing that's fully materialized just yet (or that would could feasibly talk about, at this point). But it's definitely the goal, presently, for sure. Lots of what you probably see are co-financiers in the beginning of titles, though, I should say- and less development production houses in actual, practical, producing capacity. Unless you're talking about something like Nolan's Syncopy Films, Tom Tull's Legendary Pictures, or Joel Silver's Silver Pictures- which are still traditional, 'make the production themselves in partnership with big distributors' old-fashioned producers.

Though I should say: I'm not silent about my love of Warner Brothers, their studio, approach, and the filmmaker-first way in which they do production and creative development, tackle timetables that give movies their best possible critical outing, and reward trust in their directors and production teams. Same way they have for several decades, as others in the big 5 have shifted and morphed to fit the current industry climate. So maybe take that for what it's worth. ;)