Blender Fluid Simulation time freeze

MjlnerVFXMjlnerVFX Website User Posts: 184
Hello Hitfilmers! 
Do anyone know how to eater slow down or freeze a fluid simulation inside blender?  :D 
Like it start normal speed then slows down to super slow motion and then back to fast? 

Comments

• Kyre PetersKyre Peters Website User Posts: 21
    I found this on the blender page,http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Physics/Fluid  Not sure if its still relevant or not.  hope it helps :D!
    • “Start Time” and “End Time” are expressed in simulation time (seconds):
    • If you set Start time to 3.0, and End time to 4.0, you will simulate 1 second of fluid motion. That one second of fluid motion will be spread across however-many frames are set in your End setting in the Anim panel.
    • This means, for example, that if you have Blender set to make 250 frames at 25 fps (Scene context → Render sub-context → Anim and Output panels), the fluid will look like it had already been flowing for 3 seconds at the start of the simulation, but will play in slow motion (one-tenth normal speed), since the 1 second fluid sim plays out over the course of 10 video seconds. To correct this, change the end time to 3.0 + 10.0 = 13.0 to match the 250 frames at 25 fps. Now, the simulation will be real-time, since you set 10 seconds of fluid motion to simulate over 10 seconds of animation. Having these controls in effect gives you a “speed control” over the simulation.
  • MjlnerVFXMjlnerVFX Website User Posts: 184
    I found this on the blender page,http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Physics/Fluid  Not sure if its still relevant or not.  hope it helps :D!
    • “Start Time” and “End Time” are expressed in simulation time (seconds):
    • If you set Start time to 3.0, and End time to 4.0, you will simulate 1 second of fluid motion. That one second of fluid motion will be spread across however-many frames are set in your End setting in the Anim panel.
    • This means, for example, that if you have Blender set to make 250 frames at 25 fps (Scene context → Render sub-context → Anim and Output panels), the fluid will look like it had already been flowing for 3 seconds at the start of the simulation, but will play in slow motion (one-tenth normal speed), since the 1 second fluid sim plays out over the course of 10 video seconds. To correct this, change the end time to 3.0 + 10.0 = 13.0 to match the 250 frames at 25 fps. Now, the simulation will be real-time, since you set 10 seconds of fluid motion to simulate over 10 seconds of animation. Having these controls in effect gives you a “speed control” over the simulation.

Thank you! I am not sure if it will work since right now i am in Greece on vacation but ill test it out when i come back home to Norway  :D