latest update

dagafferdagaffer Website User Posts: 58

I am going on vacation and want to load hitfilm 4 pro on my laptop are the updates new builds or a batch fix and if a fix do I need to load them sequentially?

And can I run the software on two machines long as I don't run them simultaneously

Comments

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

The license is for a total of three computers so two is not an issue.

If you already have HF on your laptop, just start it up and a notification box will link you to the update. If you don't have HF4P on your laptop, you can download it and see if it's the updated version by left clicking on the words 'HITFILM4PRO' in the upper left corner of the program (when running). Update 5 is the current version. If it's still Update 4, close the program for a little bit and start it up and the update tool should pop up. If not, there's a way to get to the download update page but it escapes me right now for some reason. I'm not sure if it's through your account page or through the support page. I'm sure someone will clarify that soon.

• DanielGWoodDanielGWood Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,021 Just Starting Out

Stormy is correct, your license allows activation on 3 computers at once, so you're all good there.

Updates are new full builds rather than patches, so you'll only be asked to download the latest full build when one becomes available.

You can find the download page here: https://hitfilm.com/software-update/hitfilm-4-pro

Hope that helps, enjoy the vacation!

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

Thanks for the clarification on the updater, @DanielGWood ! I should know that by now.....shame on me.

• dagafferdagaffer Website User Posts: 58

thanks to all of you for your help!!!!!!