Deleting frames in a clip

WoWSoul
WoWSoul Website User Posts: 1

I just started using Hitfilm to make some basic videos. This gives me better control than other programs. So my question is, how do i delete frames within a clip?

In one 11 second clip, i have 3 frames that are completely black and i need to delete those and merge the other frames together.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• StephansBilderwelt
    StephansBilderwelt Website User Posts: 523

You will find all tutorials in the menu at the right top corner. There is also a tutorial on basic editing. 

• Onixarts
    Onixarts Website User Posts: 120
    edited April 2016

Make composite shot Ctrl+M from the clip. Use slice tool to cut in the very first bad frame. Zoom in, move cursor to the last bad frame and slide newly created layer by 3 frames, then slide whole layer to fill the gap. That's just one of the solution.

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,062 Enthusiast

You have one second clip with a black frame you mention. Position the playhead at the black frame. Now slice the clip into two pieces. You now have two clips and the right hand one has the black frame at the beginning. The first frame. Trim the left edge of that clip to "remove" the black frame.