How do you make an image not move with the video?

I imported an image into a clip, and I put the image where I want it to be, but when the clip starts playing and moving, the image moves along with it. How do I make the image stay in a fixed position regardless of the clip moving?

Comments

• Yeremyah
    Yeremyah Posts: 995 Enthusiast

I would love to see that.  Can you record your screen and show us?

• StephansBilderwelt
    StephansBilderwelt Posts: 521 Just Starting Out*

@heeeeeeeelp , I hope I do get it right that you are very new to compositing. For something like this you could use a point tracker or mocha inside HF. 

But because you have asked this question, I would highly recommend that you have a look at the tutorials at HF. Start with the simple tasks first and work your way through to the more advanced stuff like tracking. 

No need to record the screen. 

• Yeremyah
    Yeremyah Posts: 995 Enthusiast
    edited March 2016

I disagree!  Please record your screen and show what you do, and how the image moves with the clip, so then we can give you a quick solution.  Thanks.

• GrayMotion
    GrayMotion Posts: 1,598 Enthusiast

In my opinion StephansBilderwelt gave great advice here.

Before you can run you have to learn how to crawl. A simple task of tracking a point in your footage and the attaching an image/object to it is a peace-o-cake BUT if you are new to this you wouldn't know that.

The tutorials that the HF team put out as well as all the tuts by the "Great's" are full to the brim with knowledge you need to know before you can run.

IMHO - It would be well worth the time you invest in watching all the tutorials that have been put out over the years. So many things will become much clearer. 2c

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    edited March 2016

@Heeeeeeeelp - Are your layers in 3D or 2D and what version of HitFilm are you using?

The image you're wanting to be stationary- is it a photo or is it also video? I don't know if this would make a difference- is the image above the video in the Layers stack?