HitFilm 3 Express Crashes

AthicBlaze
AthicBlaze Posts: 2
edited March 2016 in HitFilm

CPU: Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 1000M @ 1.80 GHz 1.80 GHz

GPU: Intel (R) HD Graphics

Memory: 172 Free GBs

Windows 10

Some time around me installing Windows 10, HitFilm 3 Express stopped working. Every time I try to make a new project or load one, the window freezes. A prompt (We're sorry. Hitfilm 3 Express encountered a problem and has to exit. ) will ask me if I want to send a notification, but it freezes as well! The home menu works like it did before, but because of the crashes, I can't edit videos any longer.

How can I fix this?

Please help and thanks in advance!

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,279 Power User

Staff might correct me here, but, looking at the minimum tech specs for Hitfilm Express, I see:

Minimum system requirements

• Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite or OS X 10.11 El Capitan
    • 64-bit operating system
    • 650MB free hard disk space for installation
    • Internet connection required for online activation and web services
    • Intel Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Intel Xeon (Nehalem) processor or AMD equivalent
    • 4GB RAM
    • OpenGL 2.0 capable hardware with at least 512 MB video memory (NVIDIA GeForce 9 series, Radeon HD 5000 series, Intel HD 4000)
    Looking up you processor here: http://ark.intel.com/products/72060/Intel-Celeron-Processor-1000M-2M-Cache-1_80-GHz

indicates that your CPU isn't up to minimum spec, being a Celeron, not an i-series, and that your Intel HD is a version below the Intel HD 4000.

In short, it looks to me like your system really isn't powerful enough to run Hitfilm.

@Ady (or other staff), if you double check the intel link I give above see if I'm right here? OP does say Celeron 1000M.
  • AthicBlaze
    AthicBlaze Posts: 2
    edited March 2016

Thank you for answering!

It would make sense that the CPU is too weak to handle the software, and I had it confirmed, it was a Celeron 1000M CPU. Thank you for looking it up!

The strange part is that I ran HitFilm succesfully on this computer with the same system specs for about a month or two before this occurred. I think it stopped around the time the latest version of 3 Express was released.. It crashed both before and after I had updated to the latest version

How can this be?

This discussion has been closed.