animating 3d models outside of Hitfilm and using them inside of hitfilm

MeadeFX
MeadeFX Website User Posts: 4
edited March 2016 in Practical Filmmaking

Hey if anyone one could answer a few question for me I would love them for like ever 

#1 i noticed some 3d models such as human like models cant really be used in hitfilm. but is there a way i can animate the 3d model in like say Blender and then use the animation in hitfilm? 

#2  if not is there a way that it can be done please help 

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,982 Ambassador

For complex animations, Hitfilm 4Pro supports animated model in Alembic format. Blender does not currently support Alembic, but it's supposed to be added in the 2.78 release 

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff

The standard method that has been used for many years is to animate the character, render it to a video file, and composite that video onto your live action footage, using HitFilm or whatever compositor you prefer.

The other option is to use Alembic, as Triem23 mentions. Alembic lets you export the animation from your 3D application, then you can import the animation into HitFilm 4 Pro and apply it to your model.

• MeadeFX
    MeadeFX Website User Posts: 4

Will there be a hitfilm   Tutorial showing how to do this. If its exactly what I need I will be buying hitfilm 4 asap