Need some advice on a project

CMIvideosCMIvideos Website User Posts: 4
edited July 2013 in Practical Filmmaking
Hullo everybody! I've got a few questions regarding a project I'm working on for the company I'm employed with. This level of software is still relatively new to me and, as a result, I'm asking a bunch of questions. I'd really appreciate any advice or tutorials in this regard.
In the video I'm working on we've got some footage we've shot of our company warehouse. The goal of the project is to put a moving dinosaur into that warehouse. Now, I know that Hit film does not support mesh-animation/ rigging, which is what's needed for this project, so, at the advice of a few folk I've downloaded and begun familiarizing myself with Blender.
Here's the meat of this question. Would I be able to animate that dinosaur in Blender then import it into Hitfilm 2 Ultimate? Could I drop the background footage into blender and animate my dino around it before sending it back to Hitfilm? Are there any good tutorials on combining Hitfilm and Blender together in this way? Is this even possible?
Thank you to all for your help with this project! It's greatly appreciated.

Comments

• DiVideos3kDiVideos3k Website User Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Hi,
    It's not possible to import  the 3d animation into hitfilm. However you can import it as a video. so yes, in that case I recommend you to use the footage as a background in blender to be aware of its position, lights, camera, etc.
    Or you could try to import it as an obj sequence but I'm not sure if it would be possible. Besides I don't see why would it be useful in this case unless you have to do some camera tracking (which you're still able to do in blender).
    I hope that this reply has been helpful(it's my first one here in the forums).  
  • spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,827 Ambassador
    Hey,
    This tut may help. It's a bit long but it has a lot of good info on Blender and HF.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y84eg8XSWzU
  • NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
    Actually you can import 3d objects into HitFilm and they can be animated to a certain degree. 
    http://youtu.be/RG4wTsEC3Vo
  • CMIvideosCMIvideos Website User Posts: 4
    Thank you for the tutorial Spydurhank. I will be trying a few things you pointed out here to try and make my project work!
    Much appreciated.