Transfer Effects

BriceBrice Website User Posts: 11

I purchased Hitfilm 2 Express when it first come out. And now I have downloaded Hitfilm 3 Express. I have noticed there are effects in Hitfilm 2 Express that are not in Hitfilm 3 Express.

Is there a way that I can transfer the effects in Hitfilm 2 to Hitfilm 3?

Comments

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

Maybe some staff will pipe up, but I think you'll have to buy an addon or two to get the same effects as Hitfilm 2 Express.

HF2E had things like Weapons, Blood splatter, Colour Correction wheels and 3D Extrusion, but HF3E has Set Matte and Demult, which you needed HF2 Ultimate for previously, so it's swings and roundabouts.

The Starter Pack might be useful to get you part of the way and Destruction Pack would get you pretty much there. The Shatter Effect is great for text flying apart (or back again if you reverse it) and you'd still have things that were never in HF2E, like Set Matte ( and probably quite  few others ).
    The Add on Packs are here: https://hitfilm.com/store/hitfilm-3-express

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,239 Staff

Since the distribution model of Express changed completely with version 3, there are a few differences between version 2 and 3. The introduction of add-on packs for version 3 means that you can easily add in specific effects that you need at an affordable price though, as @Palacono mentions. So you can't transfer effects over, but you can add the same effects into version 3. You also have access to version 2 still, which gives you the option of using that version when you need specific effects that aren't in the free build of version 3.