Upgrade path from HF 3 Express + expansion packs to HF 4 Pro?

tacktack Website User Posts: 22

Hopefully this isn't a FAQ.  Googling left me empty handed at least.

Suppose I want to expand my horizons with one or two expansion packs with HF 3 Express, but later discover I really ought to have gone with HF 4 Pro.  Is the money spent on the expansion packs entirely lost at that point, or is there an  discounted upgrade path for this situation?

Thanks!

Comments

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

There is a discounted upgrade path but how much your discount is depends on whatever expansion packs you purchased so it's different for every person. I already have HitFilm 4 Pro so I'm not sure but I think once you start buying packs your account will show your discount price to upgrade to HF 4 Pro

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,302 Ambassador
    edited March 2016

I know Hitfilm 3 Express Add-On packs let to a discounted upgrade to Hitfilm 3 Pro--I think it's the same with 4 Pro, but let's tag @KirstieT to verify.

EDIT--I wrote this post half an hour ago, but it didn't post for whatever reason. That's happening with some Youtube and Facebook comments I just left, too. My internet sucks.

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

As Triem and Aladdin have said, buying add-on packs does indeed get you some discount on buying Pro. 

• tacktack Website User Posts: 22

@SimonKJones great news! Thanks!

What is the percentage of money invested into expansion packs that would be applied toward a Pro upgrade?

Cheers all for your responses.