Crash problem

ReiNiqueReiNique Website User Posts: 14
edited March 2016 in General

why does hitfilm pro4 keep on crashing everytime i export a video??
i've already tried uninstalling the program then install it again but it still keeps on happening

its already quite frustrating

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

Note for staff: he's running the Demo if that makes a difference. 

To help staff debug this lets start with your computer specs--CPU, GPU, OS, RAM, storage. Are you running Antivirus, are your drivers updated. 

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff

In addition to the info Triem23 has requested, can you clarify when exactly during the export process the crash occurs, and what specifically happens when it crashes? Do you see any sort of error message? If so, what does it say?

• ReiNiqueReiNique Website User Posts: 14

it crashes in the beginning

everytime i press export, it immediately crashes

a message appears and says we're sorry,

we encountered a problem and has to close

i am runnning a quad core processor with 1ghz

4 gb ram

64 bit os X64-based processor

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,243 Staff

Thanks for that info. What graphics card are you running, and what operating system?

• samheadsamhead Website User Posts: 1

im so annoyed because im meant to be getting a vlogging camera today but first I need hitfilm setup and I done that and every time I click new it says theres a problem and has to exit

its frustrating

p.s  please reply asap

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

@samhead what is your computer's CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage? What format are your video files? Are your drivers up to date, is Quicktime installed, are you running antivirus? Is your machine a Dell? 

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

FXHome ought to be able to make a fairly simple web page with a decision tree based on dropdown menus to answer a lot of these sort of questions, and a lot quicker too, because : automated. 

Most of the answers would lead to "Update your drivers",  "install Quicktime" or "Buy a faster Graphics Card", but some could lead to "Sent in a Support Ticket here..." and it could be in multiple languages too.

edited May 2016

@Palacono I don't think it would make a difference. There are already FAQ's on the site and a Sticky at the top of the forum that talks about how to submit questions, which lists off the standard questions. 

No one reads that. 

No matter what information or resources FxHome provides the forum will always be full of threads from users who will basically say "Fix my Hitfilm" without actually providing any information on the problem. Sometimes you'll get the user who creates two identical threads for the same question and still manages to not give any information. 

• kevin_nkevin_n Website User Posts: 1,933 Enthusiast

I'm tagging you guys. My way of helping people, HAH