FXHOME HITFILM PRO and HITFILM PRO 4 DIFFERENCE

ReiNiqueReiNique Website User Posts: 14

Can i still import projects i made from hitfilm pro 4 into FXHome hitfilm???

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

FxHome's Hitfilm covers several programs. Hitfilm (1) Ultimate and Standard, Hitfilm 2 Express and Ultimate, Hitfilm 3 Express and Pro and Hitfilm 4 Pro. 

Projects from lower numbered versions can open in higher numbered versions. Programs from higher numbered versions cannot load into lower numbered versions. 

For example, I could not load a Hitfilm 4 Pro project using 3D models in a Particle Sim with reflections and camera targeting using bezier curves to control the camera motion simply because Hitfilm Ultimate 2 doesn't support any of the features I just mentioned. 

Hitfilm 3 Pro projects cannopen in Hitfilm 3 Express, but anything from the Pro project not supported in Express will be automatically stripped from the project. 

• Andy001zAndy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,885 Ambassador

The question for me is if you own the latest project, why would you want to open it in an older version, if it is about speed of the compositor, and you are thinking the older software appeared faster than you need to ask yourself what effects/tools do I need from my compositor for this scene and therefore which software should I use. For example I find somethings in Hitfilm Express 2 faster than Hitfilm Express 3, so I use which ever one does what I need to do. What I don't know is what is the support agreement for older versions, is Hitfilm Express 2 still in support.

• ReiNiqueReiNique Website User Posts: 14

the latest version of hitfilm pro4 is in demo mode for me.
    so i couldn't actually export and upload the whole video which is frustrating

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,315 Ambassador

Projects from the Hitfilm 4 Pro demo will open in 4Pro.

The only restrictions on the the demo are that you are limited to 30 sec YouTube exports, and the 3rd party add-ons (mocha/boris) are disabled. 

To export to your computer youll have to purchase the software. Or, Hitfilm 3 Express is free, although not as advanced as 4 Pro.