What do you think of my VFX

Nate066
Nate066 Website User Posts: 191
You can find most of my visual effect work on the links provided below.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNate066
https://www.facebook.com/Nate066Media
Any helpful comments to help improve my work would be appreciated.

Comments

• B3NB4IL
    B3NB4IL Website User Posts: 74
    I enjoyed watching these! Especially the glass ball shatter, that was impressive!
    I also liked the most recent tests you did, however I did notice they seemed to not have a smooth frame rate?
    I do think you're doing really well though, so keep it up!
  • Nate066
    I enjoyed watching these! Especially the glass ball shatter, that was impressive!
    I also liked the most recent tests you did, however I did notice they seemed to not have a smooth frame rate?
    I do think you're doing really well though, so keep it up!

Thanks, As to the frame rate  i usually slow it down in post which results in the choppy feeling. I just discovered the preview animated render button in 3ds max so i definatly be fixing the choppiness.

• Nate066
    edited September 2013
    [attachment=664:Cube_Comp.png]

Im planning on using this cube in a future short film. what do you think it needs? Im thinking i should add some gunge to the area surrounding the pi. This is more of a stylized render the actual render will be composited into live-action.
  • Aculag
    Aculag Website User Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    I watched some of this stuff and it looks pretty cool, but I couldn't find a poll option to reflect my opinion so I didn't vote.  Consider adding some more options.
    I like your ironic use of pi on the cube.
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    I think what the cube needs is more context. :P
    As far as a 3D cube goes, it looks like a cool 3D cube. Whether it's suitable for the short film is difficult to say without some more info.
  • Nate066
    Since Thor the dark world came out i thought i would model thor's hammer. Its not done yet , i still need to add the strap and texture it.
    [attachment=687:Hammer_diffuse.png]
    This is a blend between the classic and the modern movie hammer. The Finished version should be done tomorrow sometime.
  • Nate066
    Heres a model of a ninja star. I modeled it pretty quick, which resulted in some topology errors. The topology error wont be noticeable unless your close to the model. Here is a render of it in hitfilm.
    [attachment=727:Ninja Star In Hitfilm.png]
    You can download it below, It was 1mb to big to upload it here.
    http://nate066.com/Uploads/Ninja_Star_Model.zip
  • CalebK
    CalebK Website User Posts: 435
    Wow you seem to be really good at 3d tools! I've been meaning to learn blender however I need to learn hitfilm first then be intimidated by the lloooolloooooonnnnnnggggggg tutorials!
  • Nate066
    Wow you seem to be really good at 3d tools! I've been meaning to learn blender however I need to learn hitfilm first then be intimidated by the lloooolloooooonnnnnnggggggg tutorials!

Thanks, Blender is a good place to start and there are a ton of resources for it. I actually use blender every now and then, it would be my primary tool but its slow compared to maya and 3ds max.