PXL 2000 and other tutorials
So I have HitFilm4Pro, and since there are so many tutorials for composite work for AE with project files. However, sometimes certain things don't translate. I did a forum search for AE to HF transitioning for those that have come over from AE or are familar, but no luck. (I'll bet someone has it and much like ones car keys will have been on the forum somewhere).
Below is the PXL-2000 effect simulation for AE and I cannot figure out how to do this in HF4. While scaling footage is easy and blur works okay. But I'm unfamiliar with where to clamp the blacks, where I can edit the dynamic range, and substitutions or HF effect name for some of the effects mentioned for the AE.
PXL-2000 - For those who can't fine one and wish to do it in post Recipe:
Scale your footage to fit a 540 x 405 composition at 15 frames per second. (This is exactly 75% of a full 720 x 540 NTSC frame.)
2. Reduce the saturation to 0.
3. Apply a Gaussian blur with a radius of 1.5 pixels.
4. Sharpen the image 30%.
5. Clamp the black point to about 5% and the white point to about 95%.
6. Compress the dynamic range of the entire image by about 1.2 to 1.
7. Posterize to 90 steps.
8. Add a lag effect; this should add a small proportion of the three previous frames to each frame, giving slight trails and motion artifacting.
9. If desired, add a scanline or “TV” effect.
10. Clamp the white and black points again.
11. Apply a second 1.5-pixel Gaussian blur.
12. Expand your composition to 720 x 540, leaving a large black border around the frame.
13. If necessary, scale your finished composition to meet your output requirements (720 x 480 for an NTSC DVD, for example).-3