Motion Blur

KoDutyKoDuty Website User Posts: 111

how to make moving 3D model really blur? As what I see so when I turn motion blur on, it's not even motion blur, it's something like Echo Effect.

For e.g: a moving 3D ball, realistic motion blue will make the ball blur, but Hitfilm make it looks like many balls... Sorry I dont know how to explain. But if u try to make something move very fast, turn motion blur on, zoom to see the detail, u will see the motion blur is failed

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,208 Ambassador

As you've noticed, Motion blur is a cheat, calculating sub positions and step-printing the render. 

Very realistic Motion Blur is very hard to create and the best plug-ins for it cost more than Hitfilm. 

Best bet is to turn up the samples in the Motion Blur settings. The more samples, the more realistic the blur and the slower the render. 

• KoDutyKoDuty Website User Posts: 111

you mean it's not like what 3D software can make? :<

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,208 Ambassador

A lot of 3D software uses the same methods at Hitfilm, just starting with a higher sample rate. Some software uses other methods, yes. You can try layering in a Motion Blur effect on top of the motion blur for movement or stacking a linear blur. 

• KoDutyKoDuty Website User Posts: 111

I tried, I saw no different  :| It's ok with movie, it only looks weird if some view pause at the time that the 3d model is moving. They will see the mistake