Hitfilm Training Course

mattstix1
mattstix1 Website User Posts: 18

I'm a beginner Filmamaker/editor and I would like to improve my skills on Hitfilm in every aspect. 

I found all the tutorials on youtube and stuff but i have no clue where to start. Does anyone have an idea on where to start? I want to do sort of a training course in hitfilm. Are there any good ones online? If not would anyone be willing to put a short one together?

Thanks a lot,

Matthew

Comments

• NXVisualStudio
    NXVisualStudio Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 693 Ambassador
    edited February 2016

@mattstix1 Try Simon Jones Nebula, It has clear, easy to understand and essential learning tips through out ; :)  

• mattstix1
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,970 Ambassador

Go sign up for this: http://hitfilm.com/forum/discussion/39526/vfx-for-guerrilla-filmmakers-new-4-week-course/p1

It's free and week 3 just went up.

There's a fairly comprehensive course on lynda.com but that's a paid site.

Of course there's the Hitfilm Youtube page--which you know--but the playlist view is probably most useful.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FXhomeHitFilm/playlists

Hit the "Getting Started" playlist first, then Workflow and Editing. These tutorials will get you up to speed on the basic navigation tools. From there... well, what kinds of shots do you want to do? Also, which version are you using? If you're using stock Express, then you can skip anything related to (for example) Mocha, Camera Projection, 3D Models and Particle systems, since those features aren't in stock Hitfilm Express. Yes, they can be added via add-on packs, but, if you're going to buy models AND particles, then you're smarter to save up for Pro.

There are also other Hitfilm Tutorials on other YouTube pages--most of these aim at specific effects techniques, but Majahr Pictures, RodyPolis, Inscape Digital, Tooshka Training, RodyPolis, AGArtsCo and NxVisualStudio all have some Hitfilm Tutorials. My page (Triem23) has a couple of mini tutorials/breakdowns, with a course of tutorials coming later this year. Many of these tutorials go back to Hitfilm 2 Ultimate, but anything in the Hitfilm 2 tutorials applies to 3 and 4. Just don't get thrown by a couple of minor interface changes. (Don't be that nameless person somewhere else who complained that he was confused by a tutorial because the keyframe icon in 3 is a diamond and in 4 it's a square... Use your brain, nameless person.)

• mattstix1
    edited February 2016

Thank you very much. I will have a look at those channels and sites

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,970 Ambassador

You're welcome---what kinds of things are you planning to edit and create? That might help further refine. For example the AGArtsCo tutorials are all based around 2D/3D text animation and making graphic shapes for illustrative motion graphics. If you're making action films you probably don't need these tutorials. Unless you're doing something like an IRON MAN HUD, in which case, yes, AGArtsCos stuff is great!

• mattstix1

I pretty much want to learn as much as possible so i can have  a wider selection for jobs