Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 good or no good.

I have a pretty beefy system right now and I'm considering upgrading my graphics card. I have an AMD Radeon HD 7570 and a friend is looking to sell me two Nvidia Quadro FX 4800s. I'm torn between the Quadros, an AMD Radeon HD 7950, and a Nvidia GTX 770. Any suggestions between them?

Comments

• Ady
    Ady Staff Posts: 1,517 Staff
    I have a pretty beefy system right now and I'm considering upgrading my graphics card. I have an AMD Radeon HD 7570 and a friend is looking to sell me two Nvidia Quadro FX 4800s. I'm torn between the Quadros, an AMD Radeon HD 7950, and a Nvidia GTX 770. Any suggestions between them?

Hi,
    What is the sole purpose behind your upgrade? Do you only use your machine for HitFilm, 3D Modelling or is Gaming your passion for example? These are the kind of questions that need answering before I can give an answer on which is perhaps a good choice & why.
    Thanks,
    Ady

• Alexmana
    Alexmana Posts: 12
    Well I actually do a lot of both gaming and editing. I personally would like a good gaming card first and then an editing card.
  • OrangePekoe
    OrangePekoe Posts: 478
    Well I actually do a lot of both gaming and editing. I personally would like a good gaming card first and then an editing card.

If HitFilm is your primary editing and VFX software then I'd definitely go with the GTX 770.  HitFilm is geared towards using gaming GPU's and since gaming is also a priority I don't think you can go wrong with the latest from Nvidia. 
    I have the GTX 670 and I love it for both...