Need Feedback!!!

SamStatson
SamStatson Website User Posts: 8

Hello, HitFilm community!

I've been starting a youtube channel. I thought it would be a great place to put all of my content out that I made in the past few years. 

I made a video of the timelapse shots I took in the past year with my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback. I'm 100% open to constructive criticism. Maybe the timelapse was too jumpy and not smooth enough, or maybe you have tips for the GoPro in general, or you just didn't like the timelapse shot in general. I'm open to your feedback! =)

Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUYgNUYTcus

Thanks!

-Sam Statson

Comments

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,728 Ambassador

Only the traffic scenes look jumpy but that's the nature of where you're recording. Stop, start, stop, start- although a couple cars look like they went backwards- optical illusion or did any cars actually back up? The non-traffic parts look great. You can even follow the kid in the white shirt by the swing set and the cloud shots look smooth. Nicely done!

• johnnyjelko
    johnnyjelko Website User Posts: 93

The only thing I can think of is to remove the first shot as it's just a kinda boring first shot. I would say record(even in the next 24 hours)a sunrise or sunset or even it getting dark out and streetlight/stoplights turning to to replace that. And beings that your first shot is a few seconds you might only need 20 or 30 minutes of roll. Other than that it looks like a pretty decent time lapse compilation.

• Palacono
    Palacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Enthusiast
    edited February 2016