HitFilm Pro4 crashes when opening or saving new file

Mandeville1356Mandeville1356 Website User Posts: 1
edited February 2016 in HitFilm

Hello,

I just recently purchased HitfilmPro4 as it was a much needed upgrade from Hitfilm Ultimate. After installing and starting the HF4, I noticed that I couldn't open any existing projects from the "File" menu. The moment the "open" window popped up and I tried to click anywhere, I would get a window saying that there was an error and I needed to close the program. The same thing happened if I tried to save a newly created project, or if I tried to export a new movie, essentially rendering the software useless, as what would be the point of spending all that time editing and compositing, if I ultimately can't save, open, or export any files?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,292 Ambassador

Ok, well, just to check I opened up a couple of my old HF 2U projects in HF 4 Pro with no issues.

A few things to check. Did you uninstall HF 2 U? This shouldn't be an issue, since I have HFU2, 3 Express and 4 Pro on the same machine.

What are your system specs, CPU, GPU, RAM. HF 4 Pro is significantly more powerful than 2 Ultimate, but it ALSO has a higher minimum spec!

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

Also, what anti-virus do you use? Some AV software goes to crazy lengths to restrict the system, which can sometimes produce errors when other software (such as HitFilm) tries to do basic things like open file browser windows.

• karmakarma Website User Posts: 165 Enthusiast

If proxies were a part of your previous software, delete all the proxy folders.

I had the same problem and deleting them worked.

Mike

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff

In addition to the tech specs requested above, what brand is your computer?

This discussion has been closed.