Star Wars - The Force Awakens (lego)

NXVisualStudio
NXVisualStudio Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 693 Ambassador

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff

Oh, this looks fun!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Enthusiast
    edited February 2016

Probably better than latest movie. :P

Honestly, I don't mind Lego movies/games, but a lot of the times when Lego is involved, they just find every single thing they can make a lot of money on, with not a lot of passion for what they produce.

Woops haha, I thought for sure this was going to be a movie. But I guess a game with cinematics count too.. :D

Kevin

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff

Interesting that you say that, @KevinTheFilmmaker. Every single one of the LEGO games I've played or movies I've seen, did a fantastic job of respecting and capturing the spirit of the source material, and blending it seamlessly with the lighthearted comedic LEGO style. I've not seen any that felt like passionless cash-ins, but I've not seen them all, either.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Enthusiast
    edited February 2016

@AxelWilkinson

I agree with some of that. I also won't go into detail, but I just hope that they won't use real voices in the game. To me, in LEGO Jurassic Park, this was very annoying, it wasn't clear (older LEGO games have no voices, just a LEGO parody) and that was enough for me not to play it any longer. As far as Starwars is concerned, I think that the games are great, but they could do so much more. I'm probably too picky for a game aimed at people half my age... :D

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,728 Ambassador

The X-wing pilot had me in tears I was laughing so hard.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,978 Ambassador

Did anyone spot the news that the fan made lego trailer on YouTube which was very good, was pulled last week. Seems a classic case of "Hey that's our gig.. BOOT!!", shame when that happens but I guess it's always a risk when you do something that might happen in real life.

• Messen
    Messen Website User Posts: 86 Enthusiast

I played many Star Wars games but the best one was the Tie Fighter from '94. It had a solid and very starwarsy[sic] atmosphere, and - even if it's a simulator - it had a very solid role playing element too. No lego games or rts or pod racer game has that feeling for me. The Kotor games are a different category.