HatBricker Production Diary

KahvehRobinett
KahvehRobinett Website User Posts: 443
edited January 2016 in Practical Filmmaking

I thought it might be fun to start a production diary here for a short film I’m working on. Hopefully some of you will find this interesting. This is a project I’ve been wanting to do for about a year now and finally things are falling into place.

The project is a grindhouse fake trailer such as Hobo with a Shotgun, and Thanksgiving by Eli Roth. My trailer is about a horror film called HatBricker which is about a killer who kills people with a brick and wears a top hat. Yes, I know it’s stupid, but that’s the point. I’m about 1:30 into the trailer currently and am aiming for the final trailer to be about 2:30-3:00 long. I am having some difficulty in getting the correct tone for the trailer down. I also really am worried It won’t be entertaining enough initially. But then I remember that I get my junk shot off in the first 20 seconds and I realize that anyone with a good sense of humor should like it. Anyway I’m doing all the effects in HitFilm and will be posting my vfx breakdowns and hopefully doing an in depth making of video once I finish the project.

https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll

Comments

• Aladdin4d
    Aladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast
    edited January 2016

To post photos you have to use another service like Postimage or Flickr then you can use the links to the pics as the source in the insert image dialogue.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,417 Ambassador

Looking forward to seeing what you're coming up with.

• KahvehRobinett

Is there some special trick to embedding pics from flickr? because I've been trying for like an hour and haven't gotten it figured out. 

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,417 Ambassador

Kahveh, I've always had issues embedding as well--as far as I can tell you need to figure out how to get the flickr site to actually show the damned image full-screen, then copy/past the URL directly into your message. That seems to work better (at least for me) than the Embed function on the forum.

• KahvehRobinett

Yeah I can't figure it out. Nor how to get to the full editor. Argghh!

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,729 Ambassador

You could always link an image in lockbox. They've got a share link button. I've had the same problem with flickr that you and T23 experience. Kind of a pain.

Looking forward to the trailer!

• KahvehRobinett

I've added a link to my flickr page to see the pictures. All the pictures on my flickr page are screenshots from the trailer.  

• Palacono
    Palacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,448 Enthusiast

@KahvehRobinett The link isn't working for me. it sends me to a Yahoo login page. You could try Photobucket to upload images to, then all you need to do is post the direct links to them here and they'll display.

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,729 Ambassador
    edited January 2016

I logged in to flickr through your link, Kahveh, and it took me to my pictures.  I've already seen those- they're not that exciting. lol

Edit: I did find your pics by entering your name in the search for people. If the link below doesn't take ya there- anyone can go to https://www.flickr.com/ and enter Kahveh Robinett ini the search box at the top of the page and select search for people. It'll take you to his page where there's a small picture icon with a 7 next to it. Click on the icon and the pics will come right up.

https://flic.kr/ps/38pcfy

Nice, Kahveh! The Hatbricker has got a nice creepy look. Can't wait to see the final product.