HatBricker Production Diary

KahvehRobinett
KahvehRobinett Posts: 443
edited January 2016 in Practical Filmmaking

I thought it might be fun to start a production diary here for a short film I’m working on. Hopefully some of you will find this interesting. This is a project I’ve been wanting to do for about a year now and finally things are falling into place.

The project is a grindhouse fake trailer such as Hobo with a Shotgun, and Thanksgiving by Eli Roth. My trailer is about a horror film called HatBricker which is about a killer who kills people with a brick and wears a top hat. Yes, I know it’s stupid, but that’s the point. I’m about 1:30 into the trailer currently and am aiming for the final trailer to be about 2:30-3:00 long. I am having some difficulty in getting the correct tone for the trailer down. I also really am worried It won’t be entertaining enough initially. But then I remember that I get my junk shot off in the first 20 seconds and I realize that anyone with a good sense of humor should like it. Anyway I’m doing all the effects in HitFilm and will be posting my vfx breakdowns and hopefully doing an in depth making of video once I finish the project.

https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll

Comments