The Stone (artsy 3D Rendering particle experimental short)

SuroSuro Website User Posts: 26
It's been a while since I did something, so I figured I start easy with this one.
I just wanted to shoot something and integrate some amount of effects. It's a rather slow and REALLY calm experimental movie that was done in Cinema4D and After Effects (still don't own Hitfilm until the Kickstarter thingy delivers), but there should be NO problem whatsoever to replicate this in Hitfilm.
Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/cSgmrojYH4s

Comments

• PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    what did you shoot this with?
  • SuroSuro Website User Posts: 26
    With my trusty GH2 and an old 50mm (Pentacon Auto 1.8/50).
    I love using old glass like that.
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited June 2013
    I expected to see the stone get picked up or kicked near the end- surprised me. Nicely done!
  • SuroSuro Website User Posts: 26
    Thanks! :D
    Actually at the end I DID walk along and kick the stone out of frame.
    Turns out that, with a lense this close, you don't really "see" how the stone gets kicked out. one frame it is there, the other frame the stone is already missing. I didn't like it.
    So I just stuck with the though of a moving photograph with the adition of those flying thingies in the background (basically as a reward if someone actually watches it completely) :D
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited June 2013
    Well, it intrigued me and I couldn't stop watching. If you would have told me ahead of time I would watch a 5 minute video of a rock I would have said you were nuts but I have to admit.......I was absolutely captivated and I don't know why exactly. @-) :)) I love the 'artsy' presentation too.