Hitfilm 4 Pro and Ignite integration with Sony Vegas 12

MarkFredMarkFred Website User Posts: 1

Am successfully using Vegas 12 with integration with HF2 Ultimate.  Have purchased HF4 Pro and Ignite during upgrade sale but am afraid to install programs as I am in the middle of a lengthy project using Vegas 12/HF2 Ultimate.  I know HF4 Pro will not integrate with Vegas 12, but it appears that Ignite will.  Am I OK to upgrade to my new HF programs mid-project, or should I wait?  Vegas 12 will be the constant here, just don't want to mess up any work already done via the integration with HF2 Ultimate.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

If you install HF4 Pro, yes, it will break the current integration with Vegas. Wait until this project is done to install.

According to FxHome staff, the integration code is in Hitfilm Pro 4, and Sony needs to update their code. According to other users who are far better with code than I am, this is an easy fix at Sony's end. However, Vegas is end-of-life (Being replaced with Catylist Suite), and it's doubtful that Sony will fix Vegas 13 for HF4 integration, much less Vegas 12. You might have to think about starting to round-trip between programs.

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

@Triem23 Have you tried the workaround yet? If you haven't and there are no objections from FXHome, I'll post the process I use for HF3P and assume the same applies to HF4P with some simple backup instructions.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

I haven't. Things have been so busy that I haven't even been able to turn on my new computer in three weeks. Much less experiment with the workaround.

• AlexFragnitoAlexFragnito Website User Posts: 1
    edited July 2016

I really need the integration to work with SV12. I practiced with HF Ultimate which was bundled with SV12P. Went to activate and automatically was upgraded to HF4Pro. I hate the separate configuration. What is really disappointing is that nowhere did it mention HF4P would operate as a stand alone only, until after I spent the money, was disappointed and went looking for answers.

So, does anyone out there know how to LINK into SV12P integration? FXHome, do you know? Can you help?

Thanks

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,442 Enthusiast

@AlexFragnito Palacono has you covered, but, for reference the integration is glitchedvat the Vegas end. At this point it's up to the Vegas team to patch their code so Palacono's workaround isn't needed.