Looking for projects to score

RawreeRawree Website User Posts: 6
edited June 2013 in Practical Filmmaking
Hi all,
Hopefully some of you will remember me from the old FXHome forums, good to see some familiar faces are still around. Since I was last lurking around these parts I've been doing various things including getting my degree in music and trying to work out what somes next, which is mainly what brings me back here today. As with a lot of people here I'm hoping to move towards a career in media production, particularly in areas relating to music composition and sound design. With that in mind I thought that this might be a good place to offer my services as a composer and sound editor to help benefit other people's projects, continue to build up my skills and start to get a bit of a portfolio going.
Here's a few clips demonstrating some of my work. The Soundcloud link is a short cue I knocked up yesterday to try out some new sounds and get back into the swing of writing that kind of music but thought it might be of interest to people here. All of the videos began as silent clips to which I added original music and sound. It's worth noting that all 3 were created for uni projects so may suffer a bit from trying to cram too much in to meet the specification criteria. Anyway:
https://soundcloud.com/raurie/action-trailer
http://vimeo.com/67578185
https://vimeo.com/67578184
https://vimeo.com/67581388
Aside from that I've also had plenty of experience writing, recording and producing various kinds of popular music as well as composing for live theatre and radio. Think that covers everything so if anyone wants to get in touch about potential commissions, has any comments or feedback about the stuff posted above then please get in touch. Also anyone who's already working in media type industries (particularly in relation to music and sound design) I'd really appreciate any advice or guidance you may have. Replies on here, PMs and emails are all welcome.
Apologies for the long post, clearly I've been away too long! Cheers.
Raurie.

Comments

• RodyPolisRodyPolis Website User Posts: 613
    Hey! Could you PM me your email? Filming a fantasy short film this week, and the project is in great need to a composer. Filming this week, so the final draft won't be ready for another 3 weeks or so. Would love to talk more. Thanks.
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    Welcome back Rawree. Wish I could give you some work. Wish I had some work to do. ;)
  • RawreeRawree Website User Posts: 6
    Welcome back Rawree. Wish I could give you some work. Wish I had some work to do. ;)

Cheers, glad to see not too much has changed around here but still getting used to navigating round the new site. Might have to have a look around and see what everyone's been up to these last couple of years.

Hey! Could you PM me your email? Filming a fantasy short film this week, and the project is in great need to a composer. Filming this week, so the final draft won't be ready for another 3 weeks or so. Would love to talk more. Thanks.

PM'd.

• AndrewAndrew Website User Posts: 379 Enthusiast
    Well well well. Look who it is.
    I have something I'd love for you to score, man, if you'd be interested. My email is atomicpro (at) gmail (dot) com, if you can hit me up.
    Oh, and welcome back. Been far too long.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Rawree! Awesome. Always good to have a composer nearby, they're hard to find. :)
    Well well well. Look who it is.
    I have something I'd love for you to score, man, if you'd be interested. My email is atomicpro (at) gmail (dot) com, if you can hit me up.
    Oh, and welcome back. Been far too long.

Cheers! Emailed.

Rawree! Awesome. Always good to have a composer nearby, they're hard to find. :)

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to help a few people out. Although with all the great free stock music people can get hold of now though there's rather more to compete with than just bad mp3 rips of the Matrix soundtrack like in the old days!

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Ah yes, when the only two pieces of music available to no-budget filmmakers appeared to be Duel of the Fates and Matrix stuff.
    Ah yes, when the only two pieces of music available to no-budget filmmakers appeared to be Duel of the Fates and Matrix stuff.

Dark times indeed.

Bit of an update. In addition to the clips in my original post I've also just finished scoring this short trailer for RodyPolis:
    http://youtu.be/X3YaaVHCWbU
  • DanielMorganDanielMorgan Website User Posts: 324 Just Starting Out
    Fantastic work there! 
    Fantastic work there! 

Thanks very much.