Abducted - An interactive Brickfilm-adventure!

RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
So I've just finished the first part of the Brickfilm I've been working on and off for some time now. It's an interactive one, so take your time and have fun exploring the different choices!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqoOVRDem6U
This first part is not that much about story yet, which will come in the second part. To get more information about a second part I challenge you to click through to the last video and read the description  ;) 
Hope you had fun, feedback and suggestions are greatly welcome  :) 

Comments

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Awesome! I had a lot of fun with this. Each part is a good length, meaning that you're never too far away from another decision. The threat of peril mixed with humour works really, really well.
    On top of that the actual production values are really good. Nice animation, convincing sets and great lighting.
    A lot of Lego movies confuse me because they don't seem to justify their presentation medium - in almost all cases they'd be better as either live action or stop motion with original puppets. Something I find really fascinating about Abducted is that it makes the whole thing feel more natural because you're piecing together the story as you go - the build-it-yourself storytelling device is similar conceptually to Lego itself, which makes the whole thing click.
    Good stuff, Robin!
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    Thanks for the great feedback Simon!  :) 
  • TheRealJayWalkerTheRealJayWalker Website User Posts: 219
    Fantastic stuff as always Robin.  Love the interactive idea.  Sort of reminds me of these adventure books from the 80's where you'd get to the end of a page and have a couple of choices to make (I'm showing my age now).  Really clever idea
    Animation, set design and quality are top notch.  You constantly raise that bar **** it.!! ;-)
    Simon - 'Whole thing 'click' - That's a bad pun for a Lego film ;-)
  • RodyPolisRodyPolis Website User Posts: 613
    I used to love those Interactive books, so I'm for sure going to give this a go!
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    If you told me I'd have fun at work today I would have told you you were crazy until.........
    I was abducted by this fun video, that is!
    Great job, Robin. I can only echo previous praise! The time is must have taken to
    put these vids together, link them on youtube and have them make sense was well
    worth it and appreciated by this viewer- hope you feel the same having done it all.
    Will there be an ending?

Thanks for the kind words guys!  :)

The time is must have taken to
    put these vids together, link them on youtube and have them make sense was well
    worth it and appreciated by this viewer- hope you feel the same having done it all.
    Will there be an ending?

Yeah, adding all the cross-links on YouTube was definitely the most annoying part about this, but the end result was worth it  ;) 
    As for the ending: I hope so. I'm currently having my whole life turned upside down: School is over, I'm moving away from home, starting university in 3 weeks, etc. As much as I want to finish this, I have no idea how much time I'll have left for things like this once I get through this transition. Let me just say that, if there is any way to do it, I will make the ending - eventually.  :D

• Daver2Daver2 Website User Posts: 5

Wow Robin how in the world did you make that? I don't expect an answer.. Very nice work..

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,735 Ambassador
    edited August 2015

@Stargazer54 Thanks!

@Daver2 Well, if you have more specific questions, you could very well expect one, but thank you ;) On that broad scope I can just say it's mainly lots of patience with lego figures. They make really lousy actors... I have to direct every single move they make, and they just keep falling over every now and then! Unmotivated bunch.

Funny that you chose today of all days to again dig up this thread - I'm just today starting to build sets for the second half of the adventure again. This doesn't mean anything about when I finally get to finish it, but it's a funny coincedence