THE HITFILM WISHLIST: What Features Do You Want?

Comments

• PalaconoPalacono Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Enthusiast
    edited July 2020

@Andersen01498 "Auto rename text layer would be nice for if you are doing kinetic typography"

@CleverTagline "I can definitely see that helping a lot in that instance."

@ManuelSenfft "I just thought that the initial idea for "auto layer renaming" would only affect the creation and not the copy

Here's a suggestion: Instead of just F2 or RightClick> Rename on a Text Layer, something like SHIFT-F2 or Right Click > Auto Rename would automatically set the Text layer's name to the text contents - limited to nnn letters long to stop it getting unweildy.

Not difficult to implement and caters for everyone with barely any overhead in the creation of the layer.

• borkiaborkia Website User Posts: 28 Enthusiast
    edited July 2020

+1 to manual controls over transitions!!!

• alaska_vfx_filmeralaska_vfx_filmer Website User Posts: 463 Enthusiast

Walcome back @Palacono, haven't seen you around here for a long while.

I'll 1+ to that. 

• Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 967 Enthusiast

Pan behind(anchor point tool)  This is so needed AE has this...from the day when I started Hitfilm pro this feature was lacking.  It is driving me nuts that I have to manually move the anchor point!!!!.  Please incorporate more hotkeys for position, feather, opacity and etc.   The U keyboard shortcut was a good start please add more. 

• Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 967 Enthusiast

I have asked this many times...Please add Adobe Illustrator and PSD file compatibility.    Recently I have been using After Effects because of this.    It is a pain to draw shapes using the mask tool in Hitfilm Pro.  It is not very efficient.  

• GordonCatoGordonCato Website User Posts: 69 Just Starting Out

Speaking of pre-renders, I would love to see an option to save pre-renders to the working folder where the project file is. This would be great for moving the project to another computer and would keep the pre-renders from getting bloated. Thanks

• NormanPCNNormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,016 Enthusiast

I second the suggestion for pre-renders to be saved in the project file folder.

Also, an option to use proxies for editing would be nice.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,687 Ambassador

I +3.14 a pre-render by project folder while acknowledging that's a potentially difficult change. 

@GordonCato The devs have said a proxy system is in the development list, but I have no idea where that sits in priority or when it might be completed, but I look forward to it! 

@Triem23 I am glad to hear that. I currently have both Hitfilm Pro and Premiere. If we could get the proxy feature added, I would have no problem dumping Premiere. I prefer the interface and workflow in Hitfilm. 

Please add a pick whip option....AE has this and it is so nice to pick whip certain parameters ...this is so helpful when you don't want to parent things

• GrayMotionGrayMotion Website User Posts: 1,445 Enthusiast

Camera Behaviors(s)

Use a behavior to animate the camera along a path to position it in front of a selected layer. 

• Control how the layer fits into the frame at the ending position,  control the shape of the path to affect the amount of bend or curvature, as well as the apex of such a curved path. 
      • Ability to create a custom framing size and shape, and to visually adjust the framing offset and offset path apex parameters.
    • Allow customized controls for the camera’s orientation along a path, the speed at which it travels, and at what point it begins orienting towards the target object. 

Additional behaviors - Focus, Sweep, Zoom In/Out, Zoom Layer, Dolly

• AnhoengAnhoeng Website User Posts: 81 Enthusiast

It would be really nice to be able to pull up the effects panel, by just using a shortcut. I mean the green effects button you can find under layer properties.

• marg589689marg589689 Website User Posts: 1

Make the video playback less sensitive to clicks, scrolling, and audio adjusting to that it doesn't pause everytime one of these things happen.

• spydurhankspydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,914 Ambassador

+ 1 bazillion to that @marg589689

+100000000000000000 to that @marg589689 I don't know why that was ever a thing.  TBH that was a stupid engineering choice.  It definitely slows you down.  

• alaska_vfx_filmeralaska_vfx_filmer Website User Posts: 463 Enthusiast
  • lordjosuelordjosue Website User Posts: 31 Just Starting Out

Yesss, and same goes for the ram preview thing

edited August 2020

Hitfilm pro 15 update was a great update, it is getting closer but we are still lacking the most basic features that every editor has in some way/shape.  

Can we have the full-screen ability in our main screen?  I have found a workaround by moving all the windows around but that is a pain. Premiere and After effect has the shortcut ` Tilda key.  

We are still missing markers

still missing expressions/the pick whip option just like in AE.  

• Crazyhorseshaw01Crazyhorseshaw01 Website User Posts: 8 Just Starting Out

Grade layers for editor would be nice for colour grading 

• JosephDavid07UrrJosephDavid07Urr Website User Posts: 1

I am Spanish-speaking and I like hitfilm a lot but it is very difficult for me to handle it in English since I almost have to try everything to know what function it has. I would like you to please put it in Spanish.
    A and by the way I am using the translator :)

• lordjosuelordjosue Website User Posts: 31 Just Starting Out

Si se nota el traductor jaja

• nunocristianopacheconunocristianopacheco Website User Posts: 1

MULTI LANGUAGE!!!; Ask Express users to help, as is done in multiple softwares. Hitfilm provide txt with the words, comands, helps, assists, and many of us can donate some of our time to increase the use of this fine software. I understand quite well the english language, but have trouble with technical slang and I battle to understand "half" of the help for commands. I dont want to spend half hour looking for blogs/youtube explanations, just want to hoover the command and understand what it does.

As Portuguese speaker i can tell that for express you can get probably near a million or more users, many buying daily your add-ons. If just think Portuguese is main language for 250 million people; Spanish 480 Million, French 75 million - uau! see what Hitfilm is loosing? not mention Russian, India/Paquistan/Bangladesh or Mandarim users that is too big for Hitfilm. However is a decision hard to make - to grow or not to grow.. that is the question...

thanks

• SolidSnake2003SolidSnake2003 Website User Posts: 142 Enthusiast

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but maybe including title safe guides that can be turned on and off like in most editors.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,687 Ambassador

@SolidSnake2003 Grid effect set to Add blend on a Grade Layer. I think there's even a preset in the Grid filter. If not, you can save a preset to your Effects panel. One thing about saved Grid presets is they auto-scale based on timeline size, so you'd only have to set it up once. 

edited August 2020

Sorry if I made a bad suggestion.

Would it be possible to add more customization options to the timecode effect? Like being able to change the font, add border?

@SolidSnake2003 it's not a bad suggestion. It would be nice to have a dedicated button or view menu ootion - just sharing the workaround. ?

Sorry I misread your comment. I do hope that a later release will add some more customization options for the timecode effect.

• Vlad_ZanbarboneVlad_Zanbarbone Website User Posts: 62 Enthusiast

Hi

the arrival of the track selection tool is one of the main functions that I expected. But I think it could be more effective. When we move all the tracks to the right, it would be nice to exclude the media which are not fully selected. For example I have a video where I have music that lasts the entire video, and when I move all the tracks to insert media, the music also moves, and that's not practical.

@Vlad_Zanbarbone just a reminder for your example you can lock the track with the music. Then it will be excluded from the move. 

This discussion has been closed.