Bender Export

Is there a Tutorial on exporting a Blender file into the Hitfilm Software?

Comments

• StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador
    edited May 2013
    I don't think there is anything specific explaining Blender to HF but if you export your model in .OBJ from Blender the textures will carry over into HF. You may have to select the texture file manually in HF if it doesn't do it automatically. You do that upon first importing the model. If you have problems with the textures coming out right you can change them in Blender and then re-import them to HF. I had problems with textures at first but with the help of some HF users was able to work out the kinks.

Here's a video that Simon did that explains the HF end of importing 3D models.
    http://youtu.be/RG4wTsEC3Vo
  • OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478
    Robin created a pretty helpful tutorial on preparing models in Blender for export into HitFilm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21-FEW4phUo
    The most basic of steps required to take a file from Blender to HitFilm from my experience are:
    • Create / Modify Model in Blender
    • Setup Textures (if required)
    • Setup / Add Material(s) (this needs to be done or you will get an error on the HitFilm side of things, unless a material is already setup)
    • Export to OBJ file type
    • Import into HitFilm 2
    Hope that helps!
  • StormyKnightStormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,726 Ambassador

Robin created a pretty helpful tutorial on preparing models in Blender for export into HitFilm
    The most basic of steps required to take a file from Blender to HitFilm from my experience are:

• Create / Modify Model in Blender
    • Setup Textures (if required)
    • Setup / Add Material(s) (this needs to be done or you will get an error on the HitFilm side of things, unless a material is already setup)
    • Export to OBJ file type
    • Import into HitFilm 2
    Hope that helps!

I stand corrected.
  • AmbiroaAmbiroa Website User Posts: 180 Just Starting Out
    That Android tut is really cool! I am happy that it sort of confirms my choice to focus on a Blender-Hitfilm pipeline, along with GIMP (although I still use PS as well), and maybe Lightworks, but from the Hitfilm features list I guess Lightworks isn't needed anymore. I just have to wait till my paycheck.  :D 
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    Thanks Pekoe for pointing to my tutorial!  :) 
    There's also a second one on my channel covering the use of textures, as my original Android model was untextured.