"New Folder"-Button disabled?

RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
So I'm currently working on a quite big project with a lot of folders and subfolders in the media panel, and at some point (Don't know when) the "New Folder"-button got deactivated, it is greyed out and isn't clickable anymore. I can still create new folders through the context menu, I assume this is a bug?

Comments

• AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,445 Staff
    So I'm currently working on a quite big project with a lot of folders and subfolders in the media panel, and at some point (Don't know when) the "New Folder"-button got deactivated, it is greyed out and isn't clickable anymore. I can still create new folders through the context menu, I assume this is a bug?

Hi Robin,
    The New Folder Option should be 'Greyed Out' if you have Group by Media selected in the Media Panel. The bug here is that you should not be able to create Folders with this option selected. Is this the case?
    Thanks,
    Ady

• RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    Nope, doesn't matter if I have Group by Media selected, in both cases the New Folder button stays disabled.
    Nope, doesn't matter if I have Group by Media selected, in both cases the New Folder button stays disabled.

Hmmm, very interesting. Could you upload the Project for us, don't need the Media just to see if it's something that will replicate here.
    Upload Link
    Cheers,
    Ady

edited May 2013
    Yes, it's uploading right now. It's called "Room 1_D.hfp", and about 5.3MB big.
    EDIT: Upload is done!
    Yes, it's uploading right now. It's called "Room 1_D.hfp", and about 5.3MB big.
    EDIT: Upload is done!

Hi Robin,
    Yeah that's a bug, is now fixed internally but can also be fixed for you quite easily. Basically the Project had incorrectly saved a Search you did in the Media Panel into the Project file.
    To fix it type anything into the Search Bar with the Media Panel & press Return, then use the little 'x' next to it to clear the Search then the New Folder button will re-enable.
    Thanks,
    Ady

Great, that worked! Thank you  :)