Another 3D model import failed issue

PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
Hey all, 
So I downloaded a model from turbosquid, and I can't seem to get it to open in HF2U. It's a reasonably large file at somewhere around 50mb, so I don't know if that's the issue behind it. I'm attaching a download link if someone could test the model for me.
Here's the link to my dropbox

Comments

• RossTrowbridgeRossTrowbridge Website User Posts: 423 Enthusiast
    Phil,
    I haven't downloaded your file, but would suggest you download a program called Accutrans3D from www.micromouse.ca. It's a poor-man's Polytrans program and will let you convert your file to a different format. If you have a lightwave object, try converting it to an OBJ or 3DS. Then try importing the converted file into Hitfilm. I have found  that converting formats will sometimes fix polygon and face issues with objects.
    It's $20.00 shareware (I'm not affiliated with them in any way), but is fully functional so you can give it a try.
  • PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Is there a preferred file type for hitfilm? I'm a lightwave user, so I could also ways go that way, but I haven't always had the best luck with LWOs. Is 3ds the way to go?
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,244 Staff
    3DS does seem to have a slight edge over the other file formats, yes.  At least within HitFilm.
  • PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    Thanks Axel. I'm a longtime Lightwave user, and Lightwave has an OBJ and 3DS export function, but I can't seem to get either to export groups correctly. 
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,244 Staff
    I believe that's a Lightwave issue, rather than something related to the specific formats.  But that's just based on something I remember hearing, and not on any personal experience or anything.  I could be way off.  I seem to remember hearing something about Lightwave and groups not playing nicely though.