Summer Internship with Telegraph Hill (London)

ArkticArktic Website User Posts: 52
edited May 2013 in General
Hi all!
I've not really been posting on the forums for the last year or so, having been busy with work and life stuff (I got married and it was awesome!)
But I have an interesting opportunity that might appeal to some HitFilmers - the company I work for, Telegraph Hill, are looking for some work experience candidates, with the potential to lead to a summer-long paid internship.
We produce content for social media and online, mostly to support TV and radio formats, but we've also been producing our own original format series in conjunction with Google.  Clients and projects include The Voice UK, Sky 1, BBC Radio 1, Radio 1Xtra, Hollyoaks, Merlin, and some other exciting projects that I can't talk about just yet!
Here's a look at our showreel, so you can get an idea of what kind of stuff we do 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz9UcsVGCSA
So, we're looking for people who want to get involved with the media industry, and have a passion for creating shareable content and social media.
We're looking for people to fill the following roles:
Video Production – You should have experience with shooting and editing preferably using Digital SLR cameras and Premiere or Final Cut. Experience of After Effects and other tools a bonus. You’ll need to show examples of your work.
Design – Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and the ability to make great social media images that people want to share. You’ll need to show examples of your work and what you think a great social media image looks like and why it works.
Social Media Creatives – to research, write and post content for social media campaigns using Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other platforms. You’ll need to show examples of your work, knowledge of social platforms and examples of social marketing campaigns or TV shows you think are great.
Office and Project Coordination – To help us run the Telegraph Hill office and its projects, from setting up meetings and managing reception, to coordinating logistics around shoots and research around projects.
The full details are here - http://wearetelegraphhill.com/2013/05/14/summer-internships-at-telegraph-hill/
Initially, the position would be for four weeks unpaid (travel expenses covered), working in our offices in Shoreditch, East London.  The best candidates will then be taken on for a fully-paid three month internship over the summer.  It's a great opportunity for people looking to get their foot in the door and get some real-world industry experience.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to either post in this thread or shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to answer :)
Cheers,
Arktic.

Comments

• MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    Travel expenses paid to go to London for minimum of 4 weeks as an unpaid intern?  Hmm I am intrigued. 
  • ArkticArktic Website User Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Hi Michael - just to clarify, reasonable daily travel expenses (i.e. daily travel to and from the office from within or around London) will be covered, which is the usual situation for these kind of internships. So to be considered for any of these positions, you would need to be based in or near to London.
    Hope that clears things up, and that it might still be of interest for some Hitfilmers!
    Cheers :)
  • MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    **** lol I woulda been on the first flight out :) 
  • ArkticArktic Website User Posts: 52
    Just want to let people know that there's just over a week left for applications - so if you're interested, get in touch!
    Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the position here and I'll do my best to answer :)
    Cheers!
  • DanielMorganDanielMorgan Website User Posts: 324 Just Starting Out
    Would love to apply, but alas, I am based in Bristol :(