Lets Talk Everything Filmmaking!

PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
Hey everyone, so I had a crazy idea, and I'm going for it. 
Not too long ago, Simon and I were talking about using Google+ Hangouts to increase community involvement. Seeing as everything i've learned about film making was from peers, I've decided to make a live show that airs once a month where people can talk about different aspects of filmmaking: from acting, to directing, to the differences in approaching web series to short films, to vfx to the kitchen sink. 
By using Google + hangouts on air, you can post the episode anywhere that can accomodate an embed code, and can even have live comments. I'd really love to hear your thoughts on this, as any involvement you'd like to bring to the table.
I have a list of topics that I'll release soon, so if anything strikes your fancy, let me know! Here's the video I made today describing the project.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBUe1BJa9yE

Comments

• PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    Thanks! I think could be a great benefit to anyone entering the filmmaking space. Plus, I want to keep it laid back enough so that no one feels intimidated by participating. 
    Oh, and spoilers: there will DEFINITELY be an episode focusing on VFX for short films/features/web and the implications of budgets, teams, etc, so I hope to have a lot of input from the hitfilm community! 
  • DanielGWoodDanielGWood Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,021 Just Starting Out
    Sounds like an interesting project Phil, and definitely one I'll keep an eye on!
  • PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like an interesting project Phil, and definitely one I'll keep an eye on!

Thanks Daniel! I'm doing some logistical tests today for broadcasting live hangouts, so I may throw a link on here to invite anyone to join!