Kickstart this cool theatre project :)

SimonKJonesSimonKJones ModeratorWebsite User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
edited May 2013 in General
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/430605843/rapid-gambit-takes-faileontology-to-the-fringe/widget/video.html
Hello HitFilmy chums! So, lots of Kickstarter happenings going on this month. The HitFilm for Mac campaign is ticking along nicely (TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS) but I wanted to take a moment to mention another Kickstarter being run by some good friends of mine.
You may have seen Tom crop up in videos I've made in the past, from Arms Race and Orphan Factory to some of our earlier FXhome promo and tutorial videos. He's a top chap and a talented actor and comedian and he's currently trying to Kickstart his way to the Edinburgh Fringe, along with his friend Tom (who you will have seen impersonating Tony Stark in our Iron Man repulsor tutorial!*). Yes, there's a lot of Toms.
Anyway, I thought I'd mention it in here, in case there are any closet theatre fans. Check 'em out!

* Funny story: at the IBC Show somebody came up to our stand and asked how we got the rights to use Iron Man footage. After a moment's confusion, we explained that we'd shot the footage ourselves. The guy looked stunned, and then asked "What was it like working with Robert Downey Jr?" More confusion followed.

Comments

• KahvehRobinettKahvehRobinett Website User Posts: 443
    edited May 2013

Very interesting!
    " Funny story: at the IBC Show somebody came up to our stand and asked how we got the rights to use Iron Man footage. After a moment's confusion, we explained that we'd shot the footage ourselves. The guy looked stunned, and then asked "What was it like working with Robert Downey Jr?" More confusion followed."
    Haha! Geez! he did look similar, but not "that" similar. I guess that shows that the illusion and VFX worked ;)

• SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Hehe, exactly. We never intended to make that footage look like actual Iron Man, it was just meant to be representative so that we could show the VFX. Hell, it was shot YEARS ago on an ancient camera, back in the VisionLab days. As you say, I think it's the decent effects that make the shot seem fancier than it actually is.
  • DanielGWoodDanielGWood Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,021 Just Starting Out
    Good to see Tom and Tom's project has now met and exceeded their target, and they've even hit two of their stretch goals!