Film Riot Hitfilm Review

MjlnerVFXMjlnerVFX Website User Posts: 184
So Film Riot did a review on hitfilm and i am very disappointed by their review. First of all they review the Hitfilm Ultimate, not Hitfilm 2 but 1, they dont talk about the 3D model feature, witch is a huge thing for a program like this since it dont need any plugins. They dont talk much about the powerful particle engine and all those goodies, anyone agreed? 
The only thing i liked about the review is that in the start they show the front page of the software and under "featured movies" i can see my own video "HexBlock" 

Comments

• MichaelJamesMichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    Yea I just watched the video and was shocked.  I hit them up on twitter to kinda point out the difference.  I mean its not a AE replacement if you are big on buying plugins.  Also you can buy Hitfilm 2 express if you want a very basic version of hitfilm for $149.
  • RobinRobin Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,671 Enthusiast
    They already stated in the comments that they will talk about the bigger features in future episodes, I guess this review was recorded ahead of time with HitFilm Ultimate just as a quick overview, and nothing more, and found it fitting to post it right now in support of the Kickstarter campaign. Of course they could've mentioned the new version with 3D model import etc. but from the sounds of it this is going to come.
    @Robin I just went back and read the comments section and found that comment.  I think for me the rub is that while I am glad they mentioned the product I love, I don't think most people will read the comments.  I just wanna make sure that if you are new to hitfilm you do not get 1 quick and very limited impression and then tune off.  I do get that they did not have to do the review in the first place.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Hey guys! Thanks for the support, as always. :) The review definitely focuses on the ease-of-use side of HitFilm rather than the power side, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. While we all know there's a ton of very meaty, super special features which weren't covered, it's worth remembering that it's still a very positive review. Since it went out we've had new interest and new pledges to the Kickstarter as well, so all's good.
    There's definitely more to say, though, so hopefully Ryan will cover that in future eps. And, as always, it's up to all of us to spread the word!
  • PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    Hey, any mention of Hitfilm by someone if Ryan's caliber is a good thing, but yes, it would have been nice to hear of the 3D integration features, especially so soon after their Element 3D episodes. Maybe when Ryan feels better/gets back, he can go into more detail. I'm glad HF2 got some exposure though!
    Its just when you see something great you want others to see it for what you see it as.
  • SimonKJonesSimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Hey guys, Film Riot just put up their new episode which takes a more in-depth look at HitFilm, including a look at the particle simulator and 3D model import. It's very, very cool:
    http://youtu.be/nj5Gq3wIDpo
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    I think that was a much better representation of the software. Glad to see their support.
    And we finally got the transporter tutorial ;)
  • NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
    Nice! I've been watching Film Riot since almost the beginning and there is definetly a cool "when worlds collide" aspect to seeing HitFilm being used on the show. I dont want to jinx it but, it looks like the kickstarter is going to make it.
  • PhilWessonPhilWesson Website User Posts: 241 Enthusiast
    Nice! I've been watching Film Riot since almost the beginning and there is definetly a cool "when worlds collide" aspect to seeing HitFilm being used on the show. I dont want to jinx it but, it looks like the kickstarter is going to make it.

DONT JINX IT!