While opening up Hitfilm, there is a white square on a quarter of the viewer screen. Please help.

Hello,
When I open up hitfilm on my computer, a white screen takes up a quarter of the viewer 'port' making it hard to see what is going on. I do not know why this is happening and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a screenshot of the problem:

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,247 Staff
    What graphics card are you running?
  • LDillabough
    LDillabough Website User Posts: 2
    I am running an amd radeon 7670m 2gb dedicated on a toshiba laptop.
  • Ady
    Ady Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,469 Staff
    I am running an amd radeon 7670m 2gb dedicated on a toshiba laptop.

Hi,
    I apologise for the long delay in replying, I have only just seen this topic. Could you please try updating your graphics card drivers here.
    You may need to visit Toshiba in order to get a new driver for your graphics card though, so check there if you are not able to get one from AMD themselves.
    Thanks,
    Ady

• ImTheC
    ImTheC Website User Posts: 1
    Hello, I had the same problem with the viewer not displaying anything but that white square. I couldn't find any other help on this issue before now.
    I have an AMD Radeon HD 5450. I went to the device manager and clicked 'update driver', but it said I had the best one installed already.
    Bottom line:
    I always thought it was cliche to say 'update your drivers', but I decided to go to AMD's site and check directly from them. Sure enough I was about 6 or 7 updates behind. Once I installed the update and restarted HitFilm, the viewer was working again.
    Thanks!