Aerial perspective

MjlnerVFX
MjlnerVFX Website User Posts: 184
Hey guys. How can i make aerial perspective in hitfilm? I know light wrap helps but is there any other ways? 
If you don't know what aerial perspective is then look at this picture 
[attachment=546:aerial perspective3.JPG]
You can see the landscape change color in the back, like it fades out. 
I am sorry if "Aerial perspective" is the wrong word to use (Someone was talking about it over at http://cgcookie.com/blender/ ), and sorry for my bad English, i am Norwegian. 

Comments

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    That's an atmospheric haze. In the photo, the distant mountains have less contrast because the light from them is filtering through the moisture in the air. Similar to when there's a heavy fog, just a more subtle example.
    In HitFilm you can enable distance fog in a composite shot's advanced properties. Objects in 3D space will then be fogged appropriately based on the distance values. You can change the colour of the fog to match a live action plate, if relevant (eg, in that photo you'd want to go for a dark blue-mauve).
  • MjlnerVFX
    MjlnerVFX Website User Posts: 184
    ohhh! there is actually a option for that! i had no idea.... Thank you Simon :)  is there a user manual to HFU2? 
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast
    Yes, you can find it on the Help screen inside the program. Click the big help button at the top. :)
  • TheRealJayWalker
    TheRealJayWalker Website User Posts: 219
    Awesome that HitFilm can do this.  AP is one of the options in Vue which I couldn't live without..!