Smooth key frames!

Hey guys. 
I am trying to make a object move and then stop slowly, like super-smooth. Is there any effect that could help? how do you guys do smooth key frames? 
I know its basically to just make more keyframes between the two main frames, and then move some farther back, to make it stop slowly. are there any other ways?

Comments

• rgbii
    rgbii Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    That combined with smooth interpolation is the only thing I know of. If there's something else, I'd be interested too. Would be nice to be able to control the interpolation curve between two key frames.
  • MjlnerVFX
    MjlnerVFX Posts: 184
    I know that in Sony vegas you can adjust how smooth the keyfames is. Wish there was a bottom like that in hitfilm, it would be awesome and really speed things up sometimes. 
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    Right-click any keyframe, and you can change its interpolation method.  Try using one of the Smooth options.
  • MjlnerVFX
    MjlnerVFX Posts: 184
    Omg, i had no idea! how awesome!! Thank you so much Axel! :D 
  • rgbii
    rgbii Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    Oops, that's what I meant by "That combined with smooth interpolation is the only thing I know of."
    I assumed you knew of that and wanted more control :)
    Sorry about that.
  • Well, it's still not as smooth as I want it to be, but I guess it'll work.  Like what rgbii said, if there was a way to control the ease in/out amount via some kind of adjustable curve, that would be totally awesome!  :)
  • StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    edited April 2013

Right-click any keyframe, and you can change its interpolation method. Try using one of the Smooth options.
    WOW! That really helped a camera move I was trying to execute but came out really sharp. Now it looks nice and smooth. THANK YOU!
    I, like Mjolner Pictures, had no idea. This will solve a couple other issues with jerkiness I've experienced.
  • StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,722 Ambassador
    I know its basically to just make more keyframes between the two main frames, and then move some farther back, to make it stop slowly. are there any other ways?

Just a thought but what about temporal controls applied to the object?