From Blender to HitFilm

Hello everybody
I'm trying hitfilm,

I do not understand how to work with blender.

If I import a model all goes well but with the animations do not understand!

for example I would like to move the model in Blender and then export everything in hitfilm

I can set the materials in hitfilm?

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    If you want to animate the model in Blender, then you need to render it out to a video file before you can import it into Hitfilm.  If you want to animate the model in HitFilm, then you can import the actual 3D model into HitFilm, adjust the materials, and animate it as you see fit.
  • hittry
    hittry Posts: 3
    ok I import a sequence with alpha but the materials I wanted to put them in hitfilm!!! ....
    I do not know if it's possible, but I like to work as an object obj ..
  • AxelWilkinson
    If you export the object from Blender as a .obj file, with the materials associated with it, then yes, you can import it into Hitfilm to animate.  You cannot animate the model in Blender and then import the animated model into HitFilm; the .obj file won't contain any animation.  If you are having trouble with the details of saving the .obj file out of Blender, I'm afraid I can't help you there.  Maybe somebody else who is more familiar with Blender can answer that, or you can ask on the Blender site, and I'm sure they could offer some advice.
    A far as how the materials work once you bring it into HitFilm, this video covers that: 
    http://youtu.be/RG4wTsEC3Vo
  • hittry
    hittry Posts: 3
    I already  import obj files in hitfilm ... no problem .. :D

unfortunately .you  confirm me  that you can not animate in blender end then import in Hilm :huh: ..

however I have seen animations made with Blender and hitfilm but I do not understand how they did ...

• AxelWilkinson
    Well, they rendered the video out from Blender, as I mentioned initially.  Then they used Hitfilm to composite the animation they rendered out of Blender into their video footage.