HitFilm 2 Start-up Problem

jango_3d
jango_3d Posts: 4
edited March 2013 in Post-production techniques
Just installed the latest update to HitFilm 2 i get as far as the start up screen but when i open a project or new project it crashes? i updated the graphics card to latest nvidia drivers update for windows 8 64bit, tried dropping the monitor resolution but still crashes cant move beyond start up screen, this only happened lately and didn't happen when i first installed HitFilm 2 only after this latest update so I'm a bit confused as to what's happening, iv'e already uploaded the support ticket.
[attachment=524:hitfilm 2 crashing when opening a new project .jpg]

Comments

• Ady
    Ady Posts: 1,531 Enthusiast

just installed the latest update to HitFilm 2 i get as far as the start up screen but when i open a project or new project it crashes? i updated the graphics card to latest nvidia drivers update for windows 8 64bit, tried dropping the monitor resolution but still crashes cant move beyond start up screen, this only happened lately and didn't happen when i first installed HitFilm 2 only after this latest update so I'm a bit confused as to what's happening, iv'e already uploaded the support ticket.
    Hi,
    Sorry you are having problems with the software.
    Was the software working fine before you updated to the latest version? You say you updated your drivers also, again was the software working fine on the older drivers?
    Thanks,
    Ady
  • jango_3d
    i,m not sure as i always update the drivers when they are available i,ll try and roll the drivers back and try to see if that fixes things.
  • jango_3d
    All sorted, i went to device manager and uninstalled graphics card and restarted PC and let it pick up and reload the drivers automatically also there was about 6 more updates available for windows 8 in windows update for 64bit systems so installed them also restarted now everything working fine again.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,259 Staff
    Do you regularly go to the website of your graphics card's manufacturer to check for updates. The updating system built into Windows is about one step away from completely worthless. Try to visit the manufacturer's website at least once a month to check for the updates that Windows completely ignores.
    Glad you got the issue sorted though.
  • jango_3d
    yeah i always go to nvidia and download the drivers manually, after i let windows install the drivers and got hitfilm2 running again i went back to nvidia and downloaded the driver that gave me issues and installed this again over the one that windows installed and its all going smoothly now, also thanks for the quick help replies.