2D tracking problem

Hey gang! I'm new to the forum and to the software. I am growing to really love it but I am hitting a brick wall with this one particular problem. Here's the deal... mind you this is also my first foray into 2d tracking...
I've created the track fine, but when i go to attach it to the item (which is a a matted video) the matte is off as far as starting position. I'm looking high and low for a setting to adjust but outside of manually doing it frame by frame I'm having no luck.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated
Jim

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    edited February 2013
    I'd recommend, in almost every case, that after you finish tracking, you create a point, and apply the tracking data to the point. Then, parent your video layer, or any layers you want to actually apply the tracking to, to the point. This gives you much more versatility in how you can use the tracking data, by basically turning the tracking data into its own layer (the point).
    As far as the offset, you should use the Position controls for the video layer to adjust how it relates to the tracking. Tracking is applied to the Anchor Point, leaving the Position free to adjust the layer globally, rather than only affecting a single frame. I think I'm remembering that correctly.